CERTIFICATE IN COGNITIVE BEHAVIOURAL THERAPY. LEVEL 2
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, or CBT, is the treatment of choice for medical professionals who refer patients who are struggling with harmful behavior.
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) is a highly effective therapy that in many cases, is more effective than medication treatments. It is a very valuable tool that is greatly regarded not only by patients and service users but also by medical providers due to the large body of evidence-based research over many years.
The specific goals of the Level 2 Certificate are as follows:
- To build on the solid understanding of the theory and practice of cognitive-behavioral psychotherapy gained at Level 1.
- To present specific adaptations of the cognitive model for a wide range of clinical disorders, as well as related research on outcome and efficacy.
- To gain confidence in determining whether a patient is a good candidate for Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy.
- To develop the ability to create Cognitive Case Conceptualisations.
- Creating individual treatment plans, as well as assessing their effectiveness.
- Developing the ability to clearly communicate the central concepts of CBT as well as intermediate treatment skills.
- To cultivate an inquisitive mindset about how the model might need to be tweaked to accommodate the unique circumstances of each individual patient.
- CBT and the Therapeutic relationship.
- Understanding and applying CBT skills and techniques.
- Application of CBT for Addictions.
- Application of CBT for Panic and Anxiety.
The course does not aim to train you to the level of accreditation as a CBT therapist on its own. However, by the end of Levels 1 & 2, participants should be able to assess and recognise acute emotional disorders, as well as be familiar with the concepts and methods of schema-focused cognitive psychotherapy, which is more appropriate for complex, long-term, and recurring disorders. We anticipate that you will gain enough knowledge, confidence, and skill to be comfortable with the model and carry it out confidently in your own unique style. Participants should have established a solid foundation for further development, and with additional supervised casework and training, will be well on their way to full accreditation.